Friday, July 24, 2009

banana bread cupcakes

I was at a friend's apartment when she told me she had recently come down with a case of the too-ripe bananas. She showed me the patient and I confirmed the diagnosis, immediately writing her a prescription for banana bread cupcakes. Needless to say, we filled that prescription right away. (Corny, I know. But I had to.)


I got the recipe from recipe zaar and I've used it multiple times already. It's titled "best ever banana cake ever" and it really is. I also added walnuts to the recipie which it doesn't call for, but I think was a pretty good addition.


You would think that the baking temperature of 275 degrees is abnormally low, but it works. That and putting them in the freezer as soon as they come out of the oven must do something to make these insanely moist and delicious. I'll look into the chemistry of it all later..

The recipie is for a 9 x 13 cake but I kept everything the same just putting them in cupcake pans. I believe the cook time was even the same (a lot slower than normal because of the low temperature). I would still do the toothpick check once in a while to make sure you don't overcook. If you want to do pretty piping with the icing let the cupcakes cool and put the cream cheese frosting in the fridge for a little. Or you can just spread it right on like I did, couldn't really wait. Just as delicious and garnished with a walnut, I think pretty too.


Great taste, great texture, saved some bananas from living their last moments out in a landfill... I'd say overall it was a pretty sucessful day.

Eat two and call me in the morning.
-your pre-med chef

No comments:

Post a Comment